Friday, February 1, 2013

Who/What Are My Influences?

So, I'm working on my 3rd and 4th "4 Artists" classes at the SMFA, and in reading all the visiting artists' influences, I can't help but start considering my own. So, here is my list, as of now, which I am sure will grow as quickly as my internal databank of artists and influences has (when you are older and wiser, it's a bit shocking to to realize how quickly how much more you do know). So here we go: 

Eleanor Antin
Yvonne Rainer
Yoko Ono
Andy Warhol
Janine Antoni
Jenny Saville
Sadie Benning
Abby Child
Victor Kossakovsky
Pipilotti Rist
Bob Ross
Louise Bourgeois
Diane Arbus
Sally Mann
Tracy Emin
Barbara Kruger
Margaret Atwood (particularly Edible Woman)
The Bell Jar
"Mad Girl's Love Song"
Anne Sexton's "Sleeping Beauty"
Cinderlla Ate My Daughter 
Hole
The Velvet Underground
Karen O
Debbie Harry
Bjork
Janis Joplin
Richard Simmons
Hillary Clinton

 I realize this is considerably chick-heavy... what can I say???

No comments:

Post a Comment